Chapter 11 Restructuring
On September 6, 2019, Sugarfina filed for Chapter 11 protection under U.S. bankruptcy law and initiated a process to sell the company. During this process, Sugarfina’s business will continue forward as usual and we expect the sale process to be complete by November 2019.
Sugarfina launched in 2012 with the unique concept of a “candy store for grownups” featuring delicious candies from artisans around the world. Like many retail brands, Sugarfina has been negatively impacted by a challenging retail environment, particularly in malls where many of our boutiques are located. After careful review of a wide range of available options, we determined that an organized restructuring of the Company is in the best interests of all parties, including our valued customers, partners and employees. We look forward to emerging from this process as a leaner and stronger company, so that we can continue our brand’s mission of spreading sweetness.
What this means for our customers:
• Business will continue as usual during the process
• All ecommerce, corporate and wholesale orders will ship as usual
• Sugarfina will continue to honor all gift cards and loyalty program rewards
The following Sugarfina boutiques will close by September 6th:
• Hawaii: Ala Moana Center, Honolulu
• Florida: Aventura Mall, Miami
• Texas: Houston Galleria, Houston
• Texas: Legacy West, Plano
• Illinois: Oakbrook Center, Oakbrook
• New York: Woodbury Commons, Central Valley
We are committed to our customers, partners and team members and thank you for supporting Sugarfina during this temporary transition period.
For additional questions, please contact:
Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com