Candy For a Year Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IT IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this promotion is Sugarfina, Inc., with offices at 1700 East Walnut Avenue, El Segundo, California 90245 (“Sponsor”). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
2. PRIZE; ODDS OF WINNING: This Promotion involves one (1) prize of a gift card valid at Sugarfina Boutique Stores and at Sugarfina’s website, www.sugarfina.com, for a total aggregate amount of $3,000.00 USD. Use of the gift card is subject to the following terms:
a. The gift card is not valid and will not be accepted at Sugarfina shop-in-shops or for use through any business channels other than retail, and it may not be used for custom orders;
b. Unless specifically allowed by law, the gift card may not be sold or transferred to a third party.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The winner may not substitute the prize for its cash equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this promotion by enrolling in the Promotion online at https://www.sugarfina.com/rewards through the Participant’s Sugarfina “Sweet Rewards” membership portal.
Alternatively, you can enter mailing a postcard (3" x 5") with your name, address, e-mail address, Sugarfina “Sweet Rewards” membership information, and telephone number to Sugarfina, Inc., Candy for a Year Promotion, 1700 East Walnut Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245.
Only one entry per person is permitted.
Sponsor is not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failures of any communications network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
It is the entrant’s responsibility to obtain any parental or employer permission to use the equipment required to complete the entry.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia, excluding all territories and possessions, who are the age of majority or older in their respective places of residence as of August 14, 2018.
This promotion is not open to those who, as of June 1, 2018 were:
(a) employees, directors, officers, agents or representatives of Sponsor or of its affiliates, subsidiaries, or parents, advertising or promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials and services in relation to this promotion;
(b) members of the immediate family of any of the persons in (a) above;
(c) engaged in the development, production, drawing of winners for this promotion;
(d) members of the same household as any of the persons in (a) and (c) above.]
(collectively, the “Released Parties”).
5. DRAWING/SELECTION: The winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by a representative of Sponsor, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects. The winner will be selected on or about August 15, 2018 in El Segundo, California and will be notified within thirty (30) days after the drawing by telephone, e-mail or mail. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within three (3) calendar days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these rules.
6. SCHEDULE: This promotion begins on June 18, 2018 and ends August 14, 2018. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend the Rules of this promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of this promotion. By participating, participants agree: (a) to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; (b) to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, “Facebook,” and ”Instagram,” from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prize(s) or participation in this promotion. Winner may be requested to sign an additional release and eligibility affidavit. Winner agrees to permit Sponsor to use his/her/their name, address, city, state, photograph, videotape or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for no additional compensation.
8. TAXES: Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor does not provide tax advice. Participants are encouraged to contact their own tax advisor regarding potential tax implications, if any, of this promotion.
9. WINNERS LIST / COPY OF RULES: For the name of the prize-winner(s), available after October 1, 2018 or to obtain a copy of these rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to Sugarfina “Sweet Rewards” membership information, and telephone number to Sugarfina, Inc., Candy for a Year Promotion, 1700 East Walnut Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245.
11. DISPUTES, APPLICABLE LAW: By participating in this promotion, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the state of California, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California, U.S.A.
12. The Sponsor, its affiliates, its advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this Contest and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.