Sweethearts in Paradise Getaway Sweepstakes
Contest Official Rules
Sweethearts in Paradise - Mexico Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.**
THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IT IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, BUT EXCLUDING ALL TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA; AND CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
1. SPONSORS: The sponsor of this promotion is Sugarfina, Inc., with offices at 3915 West 102nd Street, Los Angeles, California 90303 (“Sponsor”), Mahekal Beach Resort (“Co-Sponsor,” and collectively, with “Sponsor,” “Sponsors”), Hello Giggles (“Co-Sponsor,” and collectively, with “Sponsor,” “Sponsors”), Ban.do (“Co-Sponsor,” and collectively, with “Sponsor,” “Sponsors”), Cuyana (“Co-Sponsor,” and collectively, with “Sponsor,” “Sponsors”), and For Love & Lemons (“Co-Sponsor,” and collectively, with “Sponsor,” “Sponsors”). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
2. PRIZES, ODDS OF WINNING: This Promotion has one (1) grand prize, and no secondary or junior prizes.
The grand prize consists of the following:
• Cash or travel vouchers (or a combination of the two) sufficient to purchase two (2) round-trip economy airfare tickets from Los Angeles, California (LAX ) to Play Del Carmen, Mexico (PCM) (subject to blackout dates to be designated by Sponsors);
• One (1) ocean front private bungalow with one (1) standard king-sized bed for four (4) nights/ five (5) days at the Mahekal Beach Resort for the grand prize winner and one (1) guest;
• Breakfast and choice of either lunch OR dinner for four (4) days at one of five (5) restaurants on the Mahekal Beach Resort property for two (2) totaling eight (8) breakfasts and a combination of eight (8) lunches OR dinners;
• One (1) Spa package for two (2) treatments OR one (1) snorkel excursion for two (2) ;
• Swimwear up to a value of $250.00 from For Love & Lemons;
• Two (2) travel bags from Cuyana as specified by the Sponsor;
• Two (2) towels from Ban.do as specified by the Sponsor;
• Two (2) Sugarfina preset Valentine’s Day trunks as specified by the Sponsor.
The total value of the grand prize is $6,170.00. Gift cards, vouchers, or credits provided as part of the grand price may be subject to separate terms and conditions set forth by Co-Sponsor. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner may not substitute their prize for its cash equivalent and may not transfer or assign the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this promotion as follows:
A. Visiting the Promotion website, https://somethingsweet.sugarfina.com/sweethearts-in-paradise-sweepstakes/, and
submitting your name, e-mail, and birthdate; and/or
Viewing a post on the Sugarfina Facebook Page ; or
B. Viewing a Photo on Sugarfina Instagram; or
C. Following @Sugarfina on Twitter or
D. Retweet @Sugarfina on Twitter or
E. Refer Friends via email or
F. Mailing a postcard (3" x 5") with your name, address, birthdate, e-mail address (if you have one) and telephone number to Sugarfina, Inc., Sweethearts in Paradise, Sweepstakes, 3915 West 102nd Street, Los Angeles, California 90303, Attn: Director of Omni-Channel Marketing.
You may only submit one entry through each option listed above, but each option listed above constitutes a separate method of entry that can be combined with other options (for example, an entrant that enters through the Promotion website may have a second entry by sharing on the entrant’s Facebook page).
Information submitted to Sponsors (“Submitted Material”) in connection with entry (including name, e-mail, and birthdate) will become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned to participants. Sponsors will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced entries. Mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate entries are void.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia, but excluding all territories and possessions of the United States of America; and Canada, excluding Quebec, who are the age of majority or older in their respective places of residence as of January 26, 2018. This promotion is not open to those who, as of January 26, 2018 were:
(a) employees, directors, officers, agents or representatives of either of the Sponsors or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, or parents, advertising or promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials and services in relation to this promotion;
(b) members of the immediate family of any of the persons in (a) above;
(c) engaged in the development, production, drawing of winners for this promotion;
(d) members of the same household as any of the persons in (a) and (c) above.]
(collectively, the “Released Parties”).
5. DRAWING/SELECTION: Except in the case where the potential winner is a Canadian resident, the winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by a representative of Sponsor, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects. The winner will be selected on or about February 3rd, 2018 at Sponsor’s headquarters in Los Angeles. The winner will be notified within thirty (30) days after the drawing, by telephone, e-mail or mail. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within three (3) calendar days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these rules. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to successfully solve unaided a four-part mathematical equation administered by telephone.
6. SCHEDULE: This promotion begins on January 26, 2018 and ends at 11:50 p.m. Pacific Time on February 2, 2018.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend the Rules of this promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of this promotion. By participating, participants agree: (a) to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; (b) to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and “Facebook,” “Twitter,” and “Instagram,” from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prize(s) or participation in this promotion. Winner may be requested to sign an additional release and eligibility affidavit. Winner agrees to permit Sponsor to use his/her/their name, address, city, state, photograph, videotape or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for no additional compensation.
8. TAXES. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsors do not provide tax advice. Participants are encouraged to contact their own tax advisor regarding potential tax implications, if any, of this promotion. Winner will comply with all reasonable requests by Sponsors to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws, including by not limited to, providing a completed Form 1099 for winners residing in the U.S.
9. WINNERS LIST / COPY OF RULES: For the name of the prize-winner, available after February 3, 2018, or to obtain a copy of these rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to Sweethearts in Paradise, Sweepstakes, Sugarfina, Inc., 3915 West 102nd Street, Los Angeles, California 90303
11. DISPUTES, APPLICABLE LAW: By participating in this promotion, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the state of California, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California, U.S.A.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors, their affiliates, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this Promotion and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
13. TRAVEL CONDITIONS. The winner will be solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the trip description and/or prize description herein, including but not limited to any and all ground transportation, gasoline, tolls, parking, meals and beverages, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, laundry service, telephone, internet, movies), gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, and personal incidentals. Winner will be required to provide a valid major credit or debit card upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the winner’s hotel room will be charged to the winner’s major valid credit card or debit card provided. Airline tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated on such tickets and various additional material restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers. Other material restrictions may apply. Sponsors are not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from winner’s change(s) to itinerary or accommodations. The winner and his/her guest must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued photo ID) in order to travel. Sponsors shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Winner is responsible for obtaining his/her own medical and life insurance and the associated costs. Each guest (or his/her parent or legal guardian in the event the guest is a considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Once a guest is designated, that guest may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By redeeming tickets, winner and/or his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable venue rules and regulations. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Defense and/or the Department of Homeland Security, as required. Sponsors have made no warranty or guarantee in whole or in part, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the use of any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use and, further, accepts no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
**California: requires that the "no-purchase" language be set out in a paragraph separate in the official rules and that it be printed in capital letters in contrasting typeface not smaller than the largest typeface used in the text of the official rules. Calif. B&P Code Section17539.15(b). Canada: Purchase requirements are prohibited in contests involving only chance, or a mix of chance and skill, or where the prize consists of goods, wares or merchandise. Such prohibition may be overcome by including a “free” mode of participation (i.e. sending a short hand-written essay of 50-100 words).
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.